- This policy provides the basis on which any personal data collected from customers or that you willingly provide us with, is processed and used by Marafiki Limited and applies to all our users.
- Marafiki P2P Mobile application software once you have downloaded the application on your mobile telephone or any other handheld device.
- Any other services accessible through the App which are available on the App Site.
- Upon downloading and registering for the Marafiki P2P Application, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal information for you to be able to fully access and enjoy our services.
- Information you provide may include information that is:
- Provided by filling in forms in the Application.
- Provided by registering to use the App Site, downloading or registering the App, subscribing to any of our Services (such as applying for a loan), sharing data via the App's social media function, promotion or survey, and reporting a problem with the App, our Services, our App Site or any of Our Service Sites.
- Provided by Corresponding with us via emails or charts.
- User profile: Information gathered or collected once you sign into the app and may include your name, email address, phone number, login username and password, physical address, Identification number, financial and credit information (including your mobile money account details, bank account details, where necessary) and the date of birth.
- Information found on your device: including call logs, SMS logs, Facebook friends, contact lists from other social media accounts, photos, videos or other digital content.
- Technical information: This may include the type of phone you use, device serial and IMEI number, mobile network, device operating system, device location as well as the web browser used.
- Location Information: Because of the nature of services we offer, we may collect your precise or approximate location information as determined through data such as GPS, IP address and Wi-Fi.
- We may occasionally send you notifications and marketing notices, service updates, and promotional offers that are of importance to you but you may opt out of the services at any time.
Purpose for the collection of information
- We process personal information for the following purposes;
- To enable us process and offer our services.
- To build the credit models and perform credit scoring.
- For identity verification.
- To help keep our customers informed of our products and market any new product/service.
- To enable us contact our customers with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials.
- To allow us disburse soft loans to our customers on request.
- To allow customer service management.
- To enable us update our customers about their outstanding loans and interest earned thereon.
- To enable us perform research and analysis relating to our services and products.
- To enable us perform business tracking of our services.
- To help us conduct market surveys.
- To enable us analyze customer behavior.
- Personal data and information is not shared with third parties save for the following;
- Staff members of Marafiki P2P.
- Potential lenders on Marafiki P2P.
- Business Partners, Affiliate companies and other service providers to the extent our services foresee such disclosure through an address book to create connections and facilitate our services or for data hosting.
- For Legal Reasons; We may share personal data with our lawyers, debt collectors or Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) in instances where we want to recover defaulted loans.
- The information we receive from you will be stored for as long as necessary for exercise or defense of legal claims, or for legitimate business purposes, or as permitted by law even upon uninstallation of the application from your device.
- We will also retain the Customer’s personal data for as long as the Customer continues to owe Marafiki P2P any money or interest thereon and for internal reporting and reconciliation purposes.
- The personal data received from you may be shared with Potential lenders, business partners, affiliate companies and other legal authorities and will be worked upon by staff of marafiki capitol limited in fulfilling your requests. You therefore agree to the collection, storing, managing, processing and sharing of your personal data as described above upon submission of the data.
Rights of the customers
- You have the right to request an explanation of the information that Marafiki P2P has about you and how it uses that information.
- You have a right to receive a copy of the information held by Marafiki p2p about you.
- You have a right to correct or rectify any information about you that could be inaccurate or incomplete held by marafiki P2P.
- You have a right to request deletion of any of your information held by Marafiki P2P at any given time by contacting us provided all the conditions are met.
- In cases where data processing is based on consent granted by the Customer, the Customer may withdraw the consent at any time by contacting us.
- The security of the customer’s personal information is important to us. However, no method of transmission or storage of information over the internet or is 100% secure.
- In case you choose to use a password to secure your information on the application, you are responsible for keeping the password secure and confidential.
- While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- This Data Private Policy is effective from the date the Customer downloads the Marafiki P2P Application in any of their electronic devices.
Governing law and jurisdiction